Subject: >>> Doug Peters <[email-masked]> 12/28/95 08:26pm
From: Alan Lloyd <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 13:26:49 -0500

>>>

>>> Doug Peters <[email-masked]> 12/28/95 08:26pm >>>
>> >Lighter Fluid works great on Sticky Label. Just lightly saturate the label
>> with 4-5 drops rub lightly with your finger to cover label completely wait
>> 10 seconds and the label literally falls off. Work great on Floppy labels
>>too.
>>  > Paul P
>> Rochester, NY

>WOW!  What a cool tip!  I've been trying to scrape off my floppy labels 
>with my thumbnail for the past 7 years, and it takes way too long and I 
>always leave little bits behind.  
>					THANKS!!!
>					  -dp

You might also try a product used by print graphics artists called "Bestine". 
It's wonderful stuff that will take almost any sticky (or dried) stuff off any
surface _without_ harming the surface itself.  This is even up to and
including antique wood finishes and the like.